1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I HATE Larry the Cable Guy!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Dec 2, 2008.

1. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

huh? none of the three posts you quoted ripped on LTCG. lame threadjacks? yep. rips? uh, no.

2. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

FWIW, I'm not that crazy about Larry Bowa.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Larry the Cable Guy blows something fierce. Everything he says just seems so put on, so over the top, that it's not close to believable.

4. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

I love him in Cars.

5. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Out of all of the Blue Collar boys, LTCG is my least favorite. I've been a Bill Engvall fan since Here's Your Sign back in 95 or so. Engvall has been one of my family's favorite comedians since, mostly because the stuff he jokes about and his family life is very very similar to mine.

Jeff Foxworthy reminds me so much of my uncle it's not even funny. His stuff is also funny but he's the one with the real staying power. He's been out on the comedy circuits for how long? There wouldn't BE a Blue Collar Comedy Tour without him.

And Ron White...oh lord. He's funny. I remember watching the original BCCT and having to stop the DVD several times during his routine because me and my friend were laughing so hard. I loved the part where he was talking about the Debeers diamond people and he said, "Why don't they just say it? Diamonds....that'll shut her up! For a minute...."

EDIT for GBNF: He was hysterical in Cars. Tractor tipping. I mean, I had tears rolling down my face at that scene. Then again, everyone was great in Cars, especially Carlin.

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

'They threw me ... into public.'

Know it's not Larry, but that line cracks me up every single time.

7. You were listening to something called John Boy and Billy?

I think I've found the problem.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I love Larry the Cable Guy. Fart and underwear jokes are my thing!

9. I do enjoy Ron White.

10. Paper Dragon

Paper Dragon Member

Git r done, Ace. Git r done.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Larry the Cable guy is good people. He is a huge Big Red Football fan.

12. Steubenville (Ohio) Big Red?

Now I really hate him.

Draft saved Draft deleted