1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I hate Halloween. 2011 Edition.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Oct 30, 2007.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Re: I hate Halloween.

Milk Duds were my favorites.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

If you were my neighbor when I was younger, you'd have double the milk duds. I don't care for them too much.

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Dammit! I'm always late to these things.

4. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

My sister is allegeric to peanut butter so I got all of her peanut butter cups. I believe I had trade in Hersheys. My mom got all the Mounds and Almond Joys. Hate that shit.

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

i like it for the same reasons ty and clever mentioned. it's fun, maybe the rest of are just too cheap to buy candy.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I just love the fun of it. I bought a big bag of spiderweb stuff today and a decorated tin to put all the candy in to let the kids pick what they want.

I'm going to carve my first pumpkin tomorrow. :)

7. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

I enjoy Halloween. It's a chance to hang out with good friends, wear some makeup, dress up, drink some spiked cider and have fun.

I'll take your Mounds and raise you a peanut butter cup.

:)

Tootsie rolls rock.

8. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Ever, or as an adult?

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Well, I never carved them when I was younger. My dad did. So I, myself, will be carving my first.

10. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Drives me up the wall when kids bigger than me come ring my doorbell. My daughter, who is 13, wants to go with one of her friends, and I'm going to say no, you have to answer the door and give out candy, which, I'm sure, is going to go over really well. I'm not a big fan, but we'll give out candy. None of the decorations, though. People are treating it like it's Christmas, with all the lights and stuff.

11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I do buy really good candy, and I try to be home for all the little kids. Little ones. I give no candy to anyone with facial hair or breasts larger than mine. Especially if they are on the same person.

I have a major problem with the ladies in dorky Halloween sweaters. I just don't get a) who would manufacture such nonsense, and b) why anyone would spend the money to purchase one. This sort of thing: [​IMG] I'm sure she's a very nice lady, but she could have donated the price of the sweater to a good charity.

12. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I like the day after Halloween: All the candy goes on sale. :D

My parents forbid me from trick-or-treating when I turned 13. They said I was too old. I didn't agree then, but I agree now.

Draft saved Draft deleted