1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I hate Halloween. 2011 Edition.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Oct 30, 2007.

1. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

Re: I hate Halloween.

Hate Halloween. This is my "scrooge" holiday, along with New Year's. Tomorrow the demon spawn children of co-workers traipse through the office until 5, begging for candy. I'll be in at 5:01.

I never understood why adults went nuts. Isn't the history of the day based on children dressing up as ghosts, witches and Spider Man to ward off evil spirits? Where does the MILF next door dressing up as a French maid fall within the tradition of the day? (Sorry, Ty, it's just dumb).

2. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to getting old -- well, older -- so I can, with impunity, stand on the porch and wave my cane and blurt: "You little bastards! Get off my land! Get off my land!"

We don't decorate for it, nor do we fail to buy candy. On the pain-in-the-ass meter, Christmas is worse.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

The little kids came through our office today. None of the guys in sports had any candy, so none of the kids (except for one little munchkin) came our way.

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I love it, and I'm especially excited because for the first time since I lived with my folks I'm living in a house. So I'll have trick-or-treaters tomorrow night. I'm sooooooo excited.

5. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

You should print this out on little cards and hand them out: Cocksuckingmotherfuckingshiteatingbootlickingllamafistingteabaggingbottomfeedingdicksnortingsonsofbitches.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Damn good idea, clever.

So glad you're back.

7. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

[​IMG]

8. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

"Mommy, what's llama fisting?"

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I lament the disappearing of Mischief Night.

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I always thought I was the only one, and for similar reasons. (Ex-girlfriend once told me that my problem with Halloween was that I'm an asshole. Well, I am ... but I never saw that as causality.)

When I was in college, 10/31 was easy: I went to the fifth floor of the college library, hijacked an available Ethernet connection and hid in a "study carrel" for four hours. Don't get it now and even as a kid, never really got it. (And the costumes my mom bought for me always blew chunks. Surprisingly, none are listed here. However, I do see a couple here.)

Now? The lights will be off, the car will be in the garage, and I'll be watching a DVD --- possibly something out of the George Carlin box set.

11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Until our son was born my wife and I always headed out for dinner on Hallowe'en. He' seven and loves to go out (will be a pirate after two years as a ninja turtle) so I'll take him out while the wife doles out the candy and I do get to the stuff before the marauding hordes of punks do. (Moddy, the mini Kit Kats are a major score. We had mini Caramilks in the office the other day. Fucking nirvana.)

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I like the mini Twix bars, but the individual Reese's were -- and still are -- the best.

Draft saved Draft deleted