1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I hate CNHI!

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by ADifferentOkie, May 10, 2007.

1. boots

boots New Member

There are other organizations out there with hiring freezes. There are rumored to be some at Media General shops, Tribune, Morris, AJC. The list goes on and on.

2. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

At my old CNHI paper, they were cracking down on a reporter's midweek trips to cover the local NFL outfit because the mileage was too costly.

3. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

Tribune doesn't have a hiring freeze. They're too busy "voluntarily separating" people.

4. I'm pretty sure McClatchy is currently under a hiring freeze. Add it to the list.

5. Colton's post reminded me of an interesting question I've always had:
    Can't a newspaper write off mileage and other expenses that it reimburses its employees for?
    Hopefully somebody way smarter than the Fanatic will know the answer to this question.

6. boots

boots New Member

You can do the same thing.

7. chazp

chazp Active Member

[blue]Smart move, it's not like NFL coverage sells papers.[/blue]

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

hey dumbass, i think you'll find an SE opening with the highlands today on this board. i believe they are media general. do you just make shit up as you go?

9. boots

boots New Member

I know you love me tom but READ THE DAMN POSTS. I said rumored.
    But again, you are so far out of real loop, you or your posts really don't matter.
    what a jerk.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

read the damn posts? that was the fucking point schizo. read the fucking posts and you woulda known about the opening at the company you said was rumored to be in a hiring freeze. do you prefer to spread misinformation?

and you know what? it appears you do nothing more than type the letters b-o-o-t-s into a the search when signing on and only respond to those posts. don't lecture me you self centered asshole.

11. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

Testy, testy...

Whether they call it a "freeze" or not, lots of places are taking their sweet time to fill openings these days, especially ones they deem non-essential (i.e. not management). And if you're the one looking for a job, it sucks.

12. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

it has always puzzled me, the energy newspapers will put into saving a penny instead of looking for new ways to make a dollar.

Draft saved Draft deleted