1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I hate American Legion baseball

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by kingcreole, Jul 26, 2008.

1. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Fixed.

2. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Tonight's state tournament game: Our coverage area-team plays the last game, which starts 20 minutes late because game three went to extras, ends Visitors 24, Local Yokels 11 at about 11 p.m. (The Visitors scored their last five runs in the top of the ninth, thus no mercy rule). Two stories done (one is a roundup of the day) and filed at 12:45 a.m.

I have to be in the office by 7 at the absolute latest, because no one else will be in the building who can edit photos from the regional golf tournament in town and send them to our sister paper in time for their early deadline. Ugh.

3. Petrie

Petrie Guest

Ours were 8-4 and 8-5...going to Eugene tomorrow.

4. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Sounds like quite the crappy night, good luck, sir.

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

At least you guys don't have some bullshit Babe Ruth team still playing.

At least American Legion is somewhat decent.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you should count yourself lucky, you fucking local hater.

7. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I'd give 1/3rd of my left nut to have something local worth watching going on right now.

I've got nothing.

Sigh.

Oh well, HS season starts in a month.

8. KP

KP Active Member

Massachusetts tournament started on Tuesday out in Chicopee (way fucking beyond civilization). First day no problem. 10-15 inches of rain since. They somehow got two games in today at a different field.

More AL bs, the tournament format itself. If you go 3-0 you should be in the final, but noooooo, one 1-loss team gets to a crack at you. The deadlines they give themselves are a riot. Five district series were settled by tiebreakers because of rain.
    During the district/sectional playoffs, if an unofficial game gets called it needs to be played in its entirity, but if the same thing happens at states the game gets suspended. The only way to halt a game before nine innings is the slaughter rule (no 6 inning wins by rain). The slaughter rule itself, a team must bat 7 times, I'd settle for 12 after 4.5 or 5 is good enough to declare a winner.

Draft saved Draft deleted