1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I had no idea a Prius could go 100 mph

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Idaho, Jul 4, 2007.

1. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Wow, that thing has a spedometer on its passenger door.

Cool.

2. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

They didn't even have hybrid cars back then. Get your facts straight.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, but praise Jeebus that they had booze and drugs back then.

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

We're not here to talk about the past!

5. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

I like Idaho's formulation that cleavage trumps lineage vis a vis Presidential progeny in late-night comedy and the white-hot spotlight of public fixation. Rendered latinate perhaps as Priam Prius per Priapicum.

6. [​IMG]

In tres partes, divisa est, BITCH!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Alley:
    True, we're here to talk about a hot rod Prius.

those things let your give SUV-driving, gas-guzzling soccer moms the virtual finger as you fly past them at 100 mph.

jgm:
    I think if Leno and Letterman weren't in rerun hell, they'd have a good giggle or two out of it. And the 100 mph Prius would be the focus of more punchlines than the weed and pills.

8. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

lat., n., orig: Bee-otch, sub, "oh no you ditint."

9. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

It should not be a distraction to Al, but for those who are trying to get him to run in '08, this should get them to get off his back and let him take care of his family and address his kid's run-in.

Rather than "An Inconvenient Truth," consider this "An Inconvenient Run-In."

I hope the kid wasn't listening to any thug rap. Tipper would kick his @$@!!!!

10. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Top notch. Top Notch!

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Al Gore Jr. says his son's arrest is a "private matter" and that he is seeking treatment.

I would have thought the treatment would have been sought with the arrest in D.C. a few years ago. Also, his son's arrest is not a private matter. At least not as long as his son feels free to play the "don't you know who I am" card after getting pinched.

12. It is a "private matter."
    It is also public news.
    It can be both things.
    If you're really going to argue that Gore is a "bad parent," or whatever, you're going to have to do better than this crap.

Draft saved Draft deleted