1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I got no sympathy

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, May 17, 2016.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I saw this a week ago and didn't understand why Tim told this story. It just opens him up to criticism that every meanie column is revenge for that dinner.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

He's been making York look like the fool he is. He should have just laughed at himself and moved on.

Last edited: May 17, 2016
  3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I'd say the fool in this scenario is the middle-class knight of the keyboard who got duped into paying $2100 to watch a billionaire and his wife eat gluttonously on his dime. Tough to laugh at yourself when you're that stupid, which he obviously is bc he honored the bet and then was flabbergasted that the guy didn't order water.

cjericho and Tweener like this.
  4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Communicates on Twitter? More like "agree with me or I'll block you." Yeah, we all get our share of idiots, but, water off a duck's back, dude.

BurnsWhenIPee likes this.
  5. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

Honestly, Kawakami is probably lucky it was just $2,100. I would've taken the over if a billionaire I'd been riding for years called me on a dinner bet.

6. wheels89

wheels89 Active Member

I've got no sympathy for Tim on this one. He ran his mouth, got called on it and had to pay up.

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Nice to see an opinion-ator actually held accountable when they are wrong. More surprised they headed all the way up to Yountville, a two-and a half hour drive from Santa Clara on a "good" traffic day. It is bad form to make a wager and then complain about losing.

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

All this talk about a man's form.

Good God. He paid $2,100 for a dinner over a bet on the stadium at a restaurant most people might attend once if their life. York is a graceless worm or so oblivious to the real word that it's head-spinning and calls into question whether he's capable of running a football team.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

If you've seen the 49ers the last couple of seasons, you've got the answer to your last sentence.

11. studthug12

studthug12 Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted