1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I got laid off from my paper...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by stix, Oct 7, 2008.

1. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

WFW. There's no way that should be legal.

2. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

I thought part of the EGSR agreement was that they would keep your job open for you when your activation was done?
    I knew a high school football coach and AD who was in the Guard, got a chance to go to Army War College (a rare billet for non-active duty types), got promoted to one-star general and came back to no head coaching job.

3. greenlantern

greenlantern Guest

Laying off someone because they went to serve their country is possibly the worst thing some jackass head of the company can do. Anyone who does that should be forced to join the Army and spend the next 10 years serving on the front lines.

4. CM Punk

CM Punk Guest

Which is why I inconspicuously began taking my personal stuff home last year. Just a few things here and there over a few weeks. No use worrying about that shit when the eventual layoff happens after another bad Christmas advertising season.

5. markvid

markvid Guest

Uh, that AIN'T legal.

Draft saved Draft deleted