1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I got a new car!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mltru2tx, Jul 27, 2007.

1. mltru2tx

mltru2tx Member

Thanks to all who had input on my thread a few weeks back and helped with my new car search. I picked up my brand spankin' new Nissan Sentra this morning and drove it 350 miles back home. I still have 120 miles to empty. I love gas mileage and I love my new car. Yay for me.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

P'shaw. If it ain't an M3, it ain't shit. [/HPV]

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Enjoy that new-car smell. You're paying though the nose for it. /standard line when folks buy new cars

4. Meat Loaf

Meat Loaf Guest

Did the dealer use the whole fist? ;D

Kidding. Enjoy. Drive it until the wheels fall off. Refiance after two years. (Capital One shaved 3.5 percent and I save nearly $8,000 in interest. An extra $120 per month helps when gas keeps going up.)

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Your making Murfreesboro, Tennessee proud!

I once ran a 5K race that looped the Nissan factory -- once! That place is huge!

check it out:
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Murfreesboro,+Rutherford,+Tennessee,+United+States+NIssan&ie=UTF8&ll=35.965433,-86.486263&spn=0.02487,0.040169&t=h&z=15&om=1http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Murfreesboro,+Rutherford,+Tennessee,+United+States+NIssan&ie=UTF8&ll=35.965433,-86.486263&spn=0.02487,0.040169&t=h&z=15&om=1

6. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

This is so ironic...do I have a story that took place while I returned back from PEI yesterday:

I was in the market to buy a new car so I went to the dealership last night and I bought from my dealer a Toyota Highlander. He was trying to sell me on a Solara, which to me is a "virgin" convertible and I did not care much for it. Anyway my Highlander is black and it is a beauty.

So I come back home and you wouldn't believe this...guess who had a metallic blue BMW 360 sitting in their driveway. It was a gift from a family member as he can't use it. He knew that I went to buy a Highlander but he knew that I needed something a little fun as well.

Now I am the recipient of two cars....and I did cruise around the roads of Halifax at 3am in the BMW convertible.

7. Cansportschick

By the way, I am being dead serious about the story I told you whacks.

8. audreyld

audreyld Guest

I am incredibly jealous. No lie.

9. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

How much was your car? Saving 8K on a 3.5% rate reduction seems high.

10. Cansportschick

Considering the bad luck I have had, I felt like it was Christmas in July last night mixed with Boxing Day shopping spree.

Draft saved Draft deleted