1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I got a DS! I got a rock...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Batman, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Mother buys a Nintendo DS from Wal-Mart for her son. Gets it home, opens it up and finds nothing but a box of rocks and a Chinese newspaper.
    Amazingly, Wal-Mart AND Nintendo refuse to do anything for her until word gets out. Oh yeah, and when the Wal-Mart finds out another customer had returned the same box, rocks included. I can see somebody like eBay telling you there's nothing they can do, but Wal-Mart? How in the holy hell can they sell you a box of rocks and then tell you to piss off when you try to return it?

http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/plugged-in/florida-teen-finds-rocks-in-nintendo-ds-box/1308945

2. Because Wal Mart sucks monkey cock for a zillion diffferent reasons.
    This is merely the newest one.

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

How does Wal-Mart know that the box came with rocks, and that you didn't just take out the DS and put a bunch of rocks in it?

You should always open expensive electronics purchases before leaving the store.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I'd like to believe a scam artist could come up with something better than rocks in a box. That's almost too weird NOT to believe it.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

The Chinese newspaper is a nice touch.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I so thought that post was from Bubs...

7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

But rocks and a Chinese newspaper? If you're going to pull a scam, wouldn't you just say the box was empty? Or wouldn't there be a rash of these types of things happening at other stores in the area?

On another note, at least someone's buying newspapers these days.

9. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I bought my daughter a DSi at Walmart* two weeks ago, and as I walked out of the store I thought this very thing, minus the Chinese newspaper. Fortunately it had a working DSi, and the only Chinese print was part of the owner's manual.

Draft saved Draft deleted