1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I got a Canadian quarter

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Have it made into a medallion and wear it on a necklace. Then impress girls in your town by talking about hockey and saying "aboot."

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Toss it in a fountain and make a Canadian wish, such as warmer weather or real football.

3. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

They may look the same, but take it from someone who knows -- you can't use a Canadian quarter in an American laundry machine.

4. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Says the guy who might move to Oxford, Miss. And, just so you don't get confused, we've got a dead president on one side of our quarter and a heaping help of stereotypes on the other. Welcome to the U.S.

5. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Wear an Adam Graves sweater and pull provably, demonstrably hot chicks who'll feel you up!

6. statrat

statrat Member

Deport that damn looney or whatever the hell it is right back to its own country. That Canadian quarter is trying to steal our jerbs! (/southpark)

7. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

So does this mean the $5 Canadian bill I have in my wallet is worth $6 American?

8. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

At least it doesn't have Oliver Cromwell on one side and a marmot on the other.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Hey, there's an idea!

Jay, head over, down or up to Oxford and bury the Canuckistani quarter in The Grove. Then Jones will have something to look forward to when he moves there.

10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

When you live as close to Canada as I do, you have a special coin tray for the errant bastard canadian coins that inexplicably always find you.

Then, when you go to canada you forget to bring them, and you come home with more of them... and those damn loonies and toonies. If I wanted to pay for a beer with a coin, I would use a sacagewia dollar.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Yeah, but if it's stuck in the middle of a roll of quarters, the bank won't notice.

Not that I would know about anything like that, of course. [​IMG]

12. Flash

Flash Guest

If I end up coming back from Seattle with some American coins, I'll probably just throw them out. Thanks to your recession, they'll be virtually worthless by then anyway ...

Draft saved Draft deleted