1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I got a Canadian quarter

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Mar 11, 2008.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

In my change, I noted that amongst my good, honest American money, I had a Canadian quarter. I was surprised it didn't burn a hole in my pocket.
    I looks like an American quarter, same size, same edge, even though it lacks the American two-tone. Check it out, if you look at American quarters, it looks like a copper line on the edge.
    Anyway, it has Elizabeth II on one side and a moose on another. I guess at the current exchange rate, it is worth about 30 cents American.
    So the question is, what do I do with me Canadian quarter? I think spending it in America is a crime. A felony even. As a good, God-fearing American, I think the possession of foreign currency is an affront to both my dear Jesus and, possibly, Don Knotts.
    I am a little confused as to which one is more important.
    So my fellow Americans and to the dirty Canuckstanis fouling the board, what do I do with my Canadian quarter?

2. Jones

Jones Active Member

That's a caribou, you redneck.

3. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Keep it in a jar until the next Canadian SJ outing. Or send it to me and I'll buy you some bubble gum.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Call more people who care

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Same difference ... right? [/redneck]

6. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

find three more and you'll have a looney.

7. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Let it appreciate in value until it's worth one hour of an Emperor VIP girl's time.

8. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

And then you're really on your way. Before you know it you'll own your own whale blubber curing shack or something.

9. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Well, I'll be go to Heaven. It is a caribou. Another reason to cast the Canadian quarter back into the firepits of Hell.
    Wikipedia says in the sinful, Satan worshipping part of Canada, they call the quarter there, the Trente Sous. Because by Franco-Canuckistani counting, a quarter is 30 cents.

10. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Hell, send it to me.

It's worth more than our money, after all.

11. mdpoppy

mdpoppy Member

Trade it for a U.S. dollar ... they're almost the same.

12. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

When I came back from Canada I had some spare change and used it along with my American change back here. And Jones, I thought Caribou is a delicious alcoholic drink up North. All I know is I had a drink by that name in Quebec and it was DEE-lightful.

Draft saved Draft deleted