1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I get a kick out of Jeff Reed, Week 8 NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Oct 22, 2019.

1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I fail to understand how someone at ESPN thought his game observations overcame a nickname like that.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

He was better, but still missed a few throws.

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Absolutely. I think I'd like listening to Anthony McFarland. I have a hard time listening to the same person with the same observations knowing he is known as Booger.
    I wondered years ago if Jimbo Fisher would have been a head coach any earlier if he had been known as Jim Fisher or James Fisher. Maybe not, but if I'm an AD, I'd rather introduce Jim than Jimbo to my president or trustees.

4. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Steelers almost covered the spread and went over.

That’s why you shouldn’t bet.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I envision a buyout between Bristol and Tess and Co. after next year.
    Unwatchable.
    Levy and Griese are the best on staff outside of Fowler and Herbstreit.
    If I'm the WWL, after the Olympics, I get Tirico and Peyton Manning in a room together with a blank check.
    You tell me what it takes.

6. outofplace

I'm happy to see the win, but it could be a costly one. Snell and Conner both left the game with injuries. Conner should not have been out there on that final drive, but of course he got hurt again.

I know the Dolphins suck, but I'll take it.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Looked like Conner got a shoulder/clavicle injury there at the end. Steelers can’t shake the injury bug.

8. outofplace

You as in people in general or me? I never gamble on any game involving the Steelers.

9. outofplace

The injury to Snell is probably the only reason he was playing with the game under control. If they really did lose Conner long term, it's time to stop talking about this team rallying to make the playoffs.

Given Conner's injury history and the heavy workload to that point, they probably should have run their third-stringer into the line twice rather than take the risk.

10. CD Boogie

Yeah no way they bring this duo back. Booger is an apostle of the obvious. Just brutal to listen to

11. CD Boogie

You stopped talking about them making the playoffs weeks ago. Why don’t we wait to hear what the injury is before we throw lime on him too. Came back from 14-0 and all you can talk about is a potential negative.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Shoulder/AC for Conner, per Tomlin’s postgame.

Draft saved Draft deleted