1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I found this line a bit distasteful

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by hwkcrz1, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Hillary needs to be asked questions about the Cubs, silly.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The president, whether it's Obama, Bush, Clinton, Daddy Bush, Ronald Reagan or William Fatass Taft, should have BETTER THINGS TO DO THAN THROW OUT PITCHES AT BASEBALL GAMES or any other jock-related crap.

Get back to goddamn work. As a taxpayer, the president is MY EMPLOYEE, and I want my employee WORKING, not throwing out pitches, releasing his Final Four picks, hobnobbing in the Rose Garden with every dipstick team that wins some ding-dong championship. Jocks get way more than enough public adulation, they don't need the president kissing their asses too. All that crap should be DONE AWAY WITH.

One of the big problems in this country is overobsession with sports, in reality sports is basically utterly insignificant in the overall picture of the country, the president should not waste ONE SECOND EVER on adding more hype to a subject that already gets way too much.

I thought the theme when Obama took office was supposed to be: "the idiots are gone, the grownups are back in charge." Instead he's running around in a White Sox jacket like a beer-drinking fratboy softball player. Forget that shit and get back to work, Obama. You're supposed to be a grownup, act like one.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Jelenic would have Obama writing stories on high school hockey games. :D :D

Draft saved Draft deleted