1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I found this line a bit distasteful

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by hwkcrz1, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

i know guys who have played pickup with him, way before he was famous. word is he's good. he's not taking on the king and duck for $5,000 good, but he's not like clinton taking mulligans on every shot.

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The White House would like to mash every tooth in his head.

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

The president throws like a girl :D, and I doubt he can name more than a handful of players on the White Sox.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

There is certainly a hatful of hollow on this thread.

5. For about two or three posts, this was a thread about a journalism topic on the "Journalism topics only" board, and I was going to comment on the column in question.

Then, well ...

I have to ask. Did you guys just accidentally hit this board in the scrolldown menu instead of the Politics one?

6. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

I'd like to see a contest between Obama and Hillary in which they each take 10 trivia questions on their respective so-called favorite teams: Obama gets Chisox questions and Hillary gets the NY Yankee questions.

Who wins that "debate"?

7. FreddiePatek

FreddiePatek Active Member

It's just not a very good column. I get the feeling he was trying to be witty, but it really was sort of lousy. Someone else could have taken this approach and knocked it out of the park. Simers, perhaps.

Morrissey's take just wasn't that interesting.

8. TheMethod

TheMethod Member

Now that you've knocked over that straw man, would you like to address the actual point of the column?

9. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

If this had been a column about the previous president, of course, many of you would be typing with one hand and touching yourself vigorously with the other.

10. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

I really don't understand the need for this column on the sports page in general. Really, he could not have found anything better to write about? We're dedicating columns to first pitches?

11. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

With all due respect, Bush threw seeds right down the pipe.

12. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

No argument from me on that.

Draft saved Draft deleted