1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I found this line a bit distasteful

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by hwkcrz1, Jul 17, 2009.

1. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

Count Morrissey among those who get battered by others in the media for not having an unconditional idolatry of Pres. Obama.

2. reformedhack

reformedhack Well-Known Member

If I'm North Korea, I attack the Tribune building right now.

3. No need to attack. Cheaper to buy it and shut it down.

4. Walter Burns

Walter Burns Member

Is it a good thing or a bad thing that as I'm reading this thread, I hear Michael Douglas from the beginning of "The American President" saying, "Well, let's take him out back and beat the shit out of him!"

5. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I don't think any of us are saying Morrissey should be fired because he doesn't genuflect in front of Obama's portrait every night. But of course, don't let the facts stop you from getting in a cheap dig on anyone you disagree with. ::)

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I don't think that's what he said.

7. Bamadog

Bamadog Well-Known Member

Barry is weak. A weak thrower. Weak on defense. He constantly badmouths his own country at every stop. The Russkies laughed in his face. He's a worthless hypocritical Marxist bum and I'm still pissed that the All-Star announcing crew spent their entire time with him fellating him like he's the Second Coming. That and that craptastic camera angle that didn't show where Barack's wimpy little toss went. He gives a good speech. And that's about it.

8. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

I don't understand the problem with the column or the line...Oh, well...

9. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

That's because you are rational.

10. Based on the tape I've seen network news reporters voicing over, I'm not sure he's as good of pickup basketball player as we've been led to believe. But I hope he succeeds as president. ... As for the column? Sometimes columnists throw strikes. Sometimes they throw 'em in the dirt. And even when read by us -- who supposedly should be more discerning because of what we do -- the strike zone is going to get squeezed on occasion by our biases. Key is for them to win more than they lose, get a lot of quality starts.

11. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

It wouldn't surprise me if national security officials now have Morrissey on some kind of "watch" list.

After all, you never know how crazy, paranoid Kim Jong II might take that suggestion.

12. checkswinger

checkswinger Member

I sure was stunned the Fox cameras didn't show where the throw wound up. I'm a print guy, but that's TV 101: Follow the freakin' ball.

Draft saved Draft deleted