1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I Found a New Drug

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jones, Sep 3, 2006.

1. It is, and that's 99 percent of the appeal. I've been to the Czech Republic (the only place where true absinthe, wormwood and all, is still legal, I believe) and it a) doesn't taste all that good and b) is overrated in terms of the hallucination-inducing qualities. Read somewhere that the amount of hallucination-inducing drug is so small even in the real stuff, one would die from alcohol poisioning before seeing stuff. It's potent, but it's booze.

2. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

It's illegal to sell in the United States. It can be shipped from Europe at certain proofs to the United States with no problems. I had a friend from Russia in college who would have absinthe sent over and we'd have crazy parties at his house when it would come in. It's expensive to ship but it is done.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

HeinekenMan, that's why I'm not too worried about sharing my story. The statute of limitations has long since passed.

Draft saved Draft deleted