1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I Found a New Drug

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jones, Sep 3, 2006.

1. Cadet

Cadet Guest

But the question, Xan, is what happened when you came down?

2. shockey

shockey Active Member

my sympathies. these headaches are effin' paralyzing.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Some think I'm still lost in space ;-)

4. DocTalk

DocTalk Active Member

Lots of other headache abortion drugs on he market that may work....relpax 40mg orally may be an option

5. Jones

Jones Active Member

Xanaxadu: That story was freakin' gold.

For those of you with migraines: It might be a long shot for you, but it might also be worth taking it...

I used to get pretty severe migraines, like, go lie down in a dark room and pray for a timely death migraines. Fortunately, I had a wicked awesome doctor back then, very holistic, interested in the root of the problem. Turns out, I was deficient in B12 -- partly because I buy green, leafy vegetables only to wipe my ass with them, but more because a certain percentage of the population, myself included, has trouble absorbing it.

Well, B12 keeps you from going insane by making sure your brain gets enough oxygen. For me, a migraine was when my brain cramped from lack of oxygen. (How's that for a scary thought?) Doc gave me a series of B12 injections -- delicious red cocktails that made me feel like I was on speed for a while after -- and since then, having topped up my stores, I've never had another migraine.

So, next time you're getting a blood test, ask them to take a peek at your B12 levels. If they are low, that might be your culprit.

I would like the next story told to be of acid, please and thank you.

6. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

wait... b-12? isn't that what palmerio said tejada gave him?

jones is on 'roids!

7. Jones

Jones Active Member

Specifically, Entocort.

8. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Thanks Jones! They put me through ct-scans and other various head checks thinking I had a tumor or something, but never checked my b-12 levels. I'll have them do that the next time I have my blood sugar checked.

9. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

now i'm not voting for jones for the hall of fame

that fuckin' space station story -- all 'cause of the 'roids

10. Jones

Jones Active Member

Perhaps not surprisingly, that space story was brought to you by consumate reporting, careful and considered writing, and lots and lots of weed.

11. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I had a bad gall bladder which hit me while I was in downtown Toronto. Ended up sitting on a bench while people pretended not to notice me doubled over. Took the subway and streetcar to the hospital and was told that surgery would take a bit but I could manage it with diet.

So, surgery has to wait because I'm off to Vancouver to sing my first lead role with a major opera house. I'm in discomfort but manage mainly by eating no fat at all. The night of the dress rehearsal I had one martini with an olive. Woke up JR at 2 am convinced I was dying and we head off to the emergency room where I tell them about the gall stones. First time in my life I was given morphine and I loooved it. Didn't feel stoned or blissed out except that after hours of constant pain, it stopped.

They wanted to send me for surgery (this was on the Thursday night) but I opened on Saturday and then had 3 more performances, the last of which was the following Saturday, and I had no understudy. Also, for operas you get paid per performance so missing them wasn't an option. Saw the ER 3 more times for morphine and it was revelatory every time. Poor JR came all the way out to Vancouver for my opening and never even saw Stanley Park. (Spent most of him time fetching me miso soup which was about all I could eat).

I was picked up from the final performance and taken directly to the hospital to have my gall bladder removed.

So, what I'm saying Jonesy, is I totally get where you're coming from. And if they want to take your fuckin' gall bladder out SAY YES.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

BTW, I meant to say gall bladder and not kidney, Jonesy.

Also, I did a story on a doctor who invented a new device to remove gall bladders with minimal surgery. You should inquire about it, or PM me for his name.

Draft saved Draft deleted