1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I Forgot My Wife's Birthday

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dirk Legume, Jun 10, 2008.

1. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Let her see this in the driveway with a big note saying "I'm sorry" on it when she gets home from work
    [​IMG]

2. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Maybe it's just my neck of the woods or whatnot, but neither I or any of my friends seem to care when our birthdays or forgotten. At least, I don't, and they certainly don't make a big deal of it.

What a farce. Sorry dude.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Zebra is correct and I have known the dude, oh, I'd say, 26 new moons or so.

4. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

And put the loan in her name.

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Two weeks ago, I wasn't allowed to pick up a prescription for my daughter at the drug store because I gave her wrong birthdate.

I know all too well that can happen.

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Forgetting a friend's birthday is a lot different than forgetting your wife's.

7. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

My other dad isn't very good with dates. I am. He always comes to me to ask when one of his relatives is having a birthday. I've been known to remind him when his own sister's birthday is coming up.

Look, some people make a bigger deal about birthdays than others. I fall in the make a big deal category. I don't cry if you don't remember, but I'm thrilled if you do remember.

Like I suggested before, if you do a chore around the house without being asked -- especially if it's one your wife despises -- that should score serious points with her. My stepfather scored major points with my mother by getting up and starting her car during the dead of winter so she'd have a warm car when she had to go to work. It meant way more to her than any flowers he could have given her.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I cut my hand pretty badly a few years ago, and my dad had to fill out my information at the hospital. He looked at me and said, "When's your birthday again?" I looked at him flatly, with blood pouring out of my hand and said, "Three days after yours, dad."

9. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Back in the 1980s in NJ you couldn't get your driver's license until your 17th birthday.
    The year I turned 17, my birthday fell on a Sunday so I was going to go for my license the next day.
    My mom nearly forgot my birthday until around 4 in the afternoon on that Sunday I went to my mom and said to her "is there anything you want to say to me today" after a second a look of horror came over her face, then sadness, then she started apologizing profusely for nearly forgetting my birthday.

10. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

[​IMG]

Samantha feels your pain.

11. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

I can actually understand the original poster getting up and just not realizing today was his wife's birthday. But I can't imagine not being able to think of an immediate family member's date of birth if I have a second to think about it.

12. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

Major spoilage.

Can you cook? I'd say prepare her favorite meal, followed by a quiet, romantic setting ... maybe a nice foot massage ... nothing materialistic, so that it doesn't appear you're trying to buy your way out of trouble. Try doing things that look like you're INTO her and you're trying to make HER happy.

Draft saved Draft deleted