1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I Forgot My Wife's Birthday

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dirk Legume, Jun 10, 2008.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

You need to get Facebook.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Show up for lunch wherever it is, give her a big thing of flowers in front of all her work friends, then pick up the tab.

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

You beat me to it.

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Duck.

7. Faithless

Faithless Member

You e-mailed your wife? Was there a problem with picking up the phone and talking to her ...

My advice is to get her some very nice flowers. Doesn't have to be roses. A colorful assortment of flowers might do the trick. And don't rely on a flower shop to deliver them. Hand them over to her yourself. If she's too full of food to go out tonight, make time very soon to take her out at the restaurant of her choice. Plus, there's always a nice gift certificate from her favorite store or mall.

8. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

No way flowers will help at this point. Sorry, but that's my opinion.

9. shockey

shockey Active Member

ding-ding-ding!!!

nothing says i effed up better that a big thing of flowers given to the wife in front of several co-workers. a public mea culpa puts her buds right back in your corner. they'll spend the rest of the day raving to her about how sweet and properly contrite you are. 8) 8) 8)

if it's too late to crash the lunch, show up at her office with the flowers. you can dig yourself out of this hole.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Dirk,

I say you empty the savings and checking account, cash out your 401K and IRA and put the money in a secret account in the Caymans.

Never hurts to look out for yourself.

11. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

This could be a good idea. If you follow it with a song and dance like this though:

12. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I agree

Only way to get out of this is to be on your best behavior for a few days. Make the offers for dinner/theater/etc. but don't be surprised when they're turned down. Clean the house, clean the garage, clean the gutters, anything that's been on the honey-do list that you've procrastinated on.

Do not try to make excuses. You fucked up, and she's got every right to be pissed.

Draft saved Draft deleted