1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I Forgot My Wife's Birthday

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dirk Legume, Jun 10, 2008.

1. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

My wife's birthday is today, so there is still time to salvage this. We don't exchange gifts and she has recently decided she didn't want cards because "I just throw them away", so it just slipped my mind.

So I didn't say anything about it on my radio show until there were about 15 minutes left...after someone from her office called me. So I squeezed it in, but it was obvious I had forgotten.

I just sent an email asking if she wanted to go out to lunch and she replied "Thanks, but I have plans. Those who remembered before 8:45 (after someone from my office had to call the show) asked first. Maybe next year."

I know I am not screwed long term, she is the best and we have been married 21 years, she is aware that I am an idiot.

How do I salvage this? Help me SportsJournalists.com...you're my only hope.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Take her out to dinner, since lunch is already taken? Or, if she likes shows, maybe get her tickets to a show to surprise her.

3. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

If you can, cook dinner for her. If not, perhaps cleaning up around the house might do the trick, especially if it's a difficult job that you know she hates.

4. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Get her a gift - a big one. And, if possible, have it waiting at home so it looks like the plan was for her to be surprised when she walks in the door.

Or if she's still being a snot about it, get her some Midol. :D

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

You're screwed.

6. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

7. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

But not tonight.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Let her upper deck you.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Most definitely not tonight.

You could try sending a male stripper to her office.

10. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

[​IMG]

You should know what to do.

11. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

[​IMG]

Seriously, how do guys continuously fall for the "I don't need anything for my birthday/anniversary/Valentine's Day/Arbor Day??"

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

N-i-c-e

Draft saved Draft deleted