1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'I Forgot My Phone'

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

+1. Facebook posts are the worst.

2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Fart's wife is the breadwinner here.
    And needs to have the phone on her person at all times.
    I don't sweat it.

3. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Except yours, of course. :)

4. Songbird

Even then.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

The last time my wife and I were together without our phones, I broke my leg.

6. Songbird

You definitely didn't go 7/2 that night.

7. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

You must've been overwhelmed from truly experiencing life to its fullest for the first time ever.

8. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

I was walking up some stairs in a building on campus today. A student was walking down the stairs. She's talking on one cell phone and texting on another. Yep.

9. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

This seems as good a time as any to post this: http://zenpencils.com/comic/129-marc-maron-the-social-media-generation/

10. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

I totally agree with you on this. If I am engaged in any sort of face-to-face interaction with someone or a group, the phones are down and out of site.

11. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Yes. Absolutely. I must have taken 400 pictures of a trip to Western Canada a few years ago.

Maybe I look at 5 of them. I remember the crispness of the air, the sun bouncing off the mountains. That's burned in my head.

For birthday parties, I insist on taking a few pictures of presents and blowing out the cake. Otherwise, that's it. We must have thousands and thousands of birthday/Christmas pictures over the years...that we've never looked at. Perhaps we will when they move out but that won't be for years.

12. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

We can all deride the rate of photo and video taking today, but I would kill for just a few seconds of video of my grandparents and great-grandparents, to see them and hear their voices.

Draft saved Draft deleted