1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I for one welcome our new moderator overlords ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Football_Bat, Jun 15, 2007.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Why? If you give everybody a shot at it, maybe we'll all realize that acting like a fucking brat makes life difficult for our friends, hence why I suggested spreading out the moderating between the cliques.

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I think that's where I fit in.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Who you kiddin? Coupla years ago they gave you a thread and the whole place shut down for a month!

:D

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'm telling you, I would have no problem whatsoever cracking down on whatever needed to be cracked down on. I'm sure the bullshit count is higher than any of us realize. So what? Back up the fucking truck ...

I wouldn't feel the least bit guilty about it either. Friend, foe, doesn't matter. A job is a job. You guys would all be baseball owners and I'd be macking like Kennesaw Mountain Landis.

Whatever instructions Webby gave me, I would carry out to the letter. Probably wouldn't be as brazen as I was above, but you know ...

5. Yawn

Yawn New Member

I volunteer my services as a moderator. :)

6. don't even joke about a thing like that.

7. sportschick

I think Yawn and I would make excellent moderators of the political threads. We'd both delete the posts from the other side, ending all political nonsense at this site :D

8. and we'd all be better for it

9. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Believe me, I agree with the spirit of this idea. I remember telling a few of my friends here "Everyone should have to be a moderator for at least a month." In fact, I think I posted that.

Just before I turned in my keys after little more than one month.

10. sportschick

I totally believe you. I'd have no desire to be a moderator. That said, I think that having to be one would probably cut out most of the flaming I do, if only because I'd be more conscious (sp) of how difficult that makes the lives of the people who have to moderate.

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I'd think moderating would be like working in food service. If you experience the tons of BS from the wrong side, it will make that person think twice before acting like an idiot.

I've worked food service. As impatient as I am by nature, restaurants and such are an exception. Unless they're going out of their way to be rude/nasty/spit-in-my-food, etc., I'm going out of my way not to give people in that business a hard time. Some of them take pretty good notes, too.

Same with this board. At least in my world.

12. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

I don't like the title of this thread as it seem to be saying that the moderators are our controllers. With that said I am happy with the changes made on this board overall and thank everyone here for treating me with some more respect lately. (Even though you might not agree with me)

Draft saved Draft deleted