1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I for one welcome our new moderator overlords ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Football_Bat, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Well why are all the conservatives gone?

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Yawn, If you don't care for him, stay away from him on the board. Webby gave you the ignore button. Use it. It's that simple.

Treating people respectfully on here isn't that difficult, and a great deal of the time, even the biggest assholes on the board mellow when you don't give them any reason to come at you with their fangs showing.

Post to your heart's content. Express your opinions. People expressing themselves are what makes the board interesting and vibrant.

It's not that difficult to express yourself without being nasty or having to make every disagreement into an insult-fest. You should try it. Let whatever perceived slights that bring out posts like your one before the last one roll off your back. In return, the way people perceive you might change. Seriously.

3. markvid

markvid Guest

And Zeke perfectly states the point that's totally lost on you guys.
    Only one person can ban.

Boots thinks he can whip this place into shape and Yawn thinks it's a power trip.
    Lovely, the peanut gallery has spoken.

4. markvid

markvid Guest

Cause it's their choice?
    No one is telling anyone don't come here.

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Well Ragu and Wingman are still here, as is PDB and JDV and IJAG, all of whom are conservative. The only party I've ever registered with is the Republican party, and the only candidate I ever gave money to is Republican (local level, I had become friends with the guy and it was a county-wide office of no consequence really) who doesn't exactly warm up to a lot of Dems, but am just repulsed by what Bush/Cheney have done. And even on issues where I'm conservative they go and take the opposite stand with it. So it's not like I'm a far-left guy, I'm just fed up with the BS. And I wish the commies running my county would get off everyone's backs and stop being a bunch of fucking nannies.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i think he misses RR.

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Well, one of them is on vacation with me....but he just noticed Fenian has started a new thread about Rudy, so we're heading home. Damn you all.

8. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Hurry! Tomorrow there'll probably be one on Huckabee!

Draft saved Draft deleted