1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I feel full of fail...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rosie, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

...or desperation.

I'm working an a sizable story for tomorrow's paper, needs to be turned in between 9-9:30 a.m. I've spent more that three weeks researching, interviewing and this story now needs to be written and gone bye-bye.

SO! The rest of the Rosebuds, along with Mr. Rosie, are, right now, packing for a camping trip and occasionally interrupting me (more the kids than Mr. Rosie, he knows when I'm in write-mode to leave me the hell alone, the kids SHOULD know by now, but, they're kids.)

Normally this background activity doesn't phase me, but it's distracting the heck out of me.

So, instead of writing, what am I doing?

Starting a new topic on SportsJournalists.com.

The Queen of Procrastination = Full of Fail.

*heavy sigh*

2. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

So what faze of the story are you in now?

4. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

the phase that says either I should turn this into a three-part feature or just write the damn thing and get it over with

5. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

If I'm on a tight deadline and I need complete quiet, I put everyone on notice. That includes the kids. If you have to be rude to them to get your point across, do it.

When I was a student and I needed time to do homework, I would put my dads on notice and they would know better than to interrupt.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Your dads?

7. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

My father and his partner.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

forever_town = Staci Keanan.

9. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Oh, trust me, they've all been put on notice and kids have already gotten yelled at.

Normally they'd all be in bed sleeping by now and this wouldn't be an issue.

But no, they're packing for a camping trip that I can't go on because I have to work.

So that and the nervousness about not screwing up this story is getting to me.

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

In pressure-packed times like this, you have to ask yourself ... do I want to be the Vikings secondary or Nate Poole?

Find your inner Nate Poole!

http://www.faniq.com/video/Nate-Poole-ruins-Vikings-season-YouTube-1280,6,31/team_recent

:D :D :D

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Who's Nate Poole?

12. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

When I finish this story, Bubbler, you are so grounded that your great-great-great grandchildren will just be added to the Packers season ticket waiting list as babies by the time you're ungrounded.

Draft saved Draft deleted