1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I don't want free content..but wait I do...geesh!!!

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by flexmaster33, Sep 24, 2010.

1. flexmaster33

flexmaster33 Well-Known Member

It's far from an innocent request Rick...this lady has been hounding our office via phone calls to a handful of different reporters and online comments for up to six months. If it's not wanting the injury update, it's wanting JV roundups on the web or water polo coverage or full features...on and on.

She'd like to subscribe to the paper, as long as she can do it at the annual rate of $0.00

2. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Ask her to blog. That's my chain's solution to drum up content people want to read.

3. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

It's pretty simple. You put it online. Subscribers get online access to everything. Everyone else sees the headline, maybe the lede but have to pay to read on.

4. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

This reminds me of a caller to a radio show about investing the other day. She wanted a high yield no risk secure investment with no penalty for early withdrawal.

The host said good luck with that.

Draft saved Draft deleted