1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I don't know if it's global warming, but ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spnited, Jan 6, 2007.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

The less I have to drive in snow, the happier I am.

2. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Can you believe that global warming is happening even if you don't believe the East Coast warm spell is proof positive of it because the ridge in the jet stream is keeping the cooler air well north? People were convinced that global warming was singlehandedly causing us to have more and bigger hurricanes last year, when El Nino dropped that like a rock this year.

3. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

What Winger's trying to say is we've only charted weather for what, 150 or so years. That's just a blink of an eye when you think about how long the Earth has been circling around the sun.

It's true we don't know how hot or cold it was 200 or 2000 years ago, but at the same time, no other generation had the capacity to affect its environment like ours and our immediate predecessors. We may not be responsible for all the climate change, but I'd bet we're responsible for a good chunk of it. Like say 11,000 football fields worth.

4. mannheimadler

mannheimadler Member

We just got three-fourths of our yearly snowfall in like two weeks. ???

5. melock

melock Well-Known Member

All I know is I'll be at the Eagles-Giants game enjoying the warm weather and beer after beer after beer after beer with a nice 20oz. ribeye mixed in there somewhere

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Like Mystery Meat said, this is an El Niño year, so all the usual weather patterns go out the window.

We've been getting pissed on here deep in the hearta' (all that snow in Denver is turning into rain here) and while today is gorgeous, the weather people are touting an ARCTIC BLAST for this Friday.

Panic on the streets of Dallas ....

7. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

I woke up to snow this morning. First time since November.

8. leo1

leo1 Active Member

you can get a 20 oz ribeye at the game? i'll bet that's expensive

9. pallister

pallister Guest

Nice.

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Lots of snow on the ground here with more on the way apparently at the end of the week.

11. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Global warming my ass. Eight inches of snow in two days. My car is snowed in on the side of the road in front of my building.

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

The debate isn't about climate change. The debate is about the cause and what can/should be done about it.
    The polar ice cap has expanded and shrunk many, many, many times - long before people drove SUVs.

Draft saved Draft deleted