1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I don't know how many times I have to say it -- Rick Freaking Reilly

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Rick Shanley, Feb 14, 2007.

1. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Rick, you're a national columnist at one of the longest-existing and most-read sports mags. There's no need to post here in order to find more readers or praise.

2. Paging Whitlock ....

3. Rick Shanley

Rick Shanley Member

Man, this thread has gone the way of the Anna Nicole Smith coverage...

I'm completely kidding about everything, guys. I guess this is one of the problems with email/Internet messages. Oh, and for the record, I liked the column.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

So are we... it's part of being on the site.... (but rick, you could have chosen something else to say besides wanting to have sex with Rick Freakin Reilly)

5. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

I read the column, and it su-diddly-ucked.
    As has most of Reilly's crap lately, with a few notable exceptions.

6. Rick Shanley

Rick Shanley Member

Well, as someone else put it, I wanted to come in with a "bang."

7. Most of Reilly's columns suck. But then three or four times a year he writes a great one and takes home his Sportswriter of the Year Award. I wish I could get that kind of recognition for batting .060 on my columns.

8. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Reilly is Bill Simmons plus about 20 years, more balls, and a better vocabulary.

I agree with Bob, many of his columns aren't so great, but he does come up with a great piece every few months or so.

9. jaredk

jaredk Member

Oh, please. Reilly can think. There's no evidence Simmons has that ability.

10. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Strange as it is to say, considering where they both came from, but Reilly hasn't been Simmons in a long time.

11. RokSki

RokSki New Member

It's true, although I'm sure Simmons would like to be able to be Reilly. But you're right, he doesn't think deeply.

And whatever else Reilly is, he's not the out-and-out puss that SportsDork is.

Simmons is definitely "Lance Armstrong Lite" when it comes to sackage.

Draft saved Draft deleted