1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I don't care what Joe Smo tweets...really, I don't

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by flexmaster33, Jul 11, 2011.

1. flexmaster33

flexmaster33 Well-Known Member

Can ESPN please end these silly montages of tweets by athletes on any given subject.
    So pointless...if I want to read these stupid tweets, I'll find an athlete and subscribe to his feed. I don't need Neil Everett reading tweets on the highlights.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Just another great step in the deterioration of SportsCenter. It got left on after the baseball game last night while the highlights of the soccer game was on, and here came the tweets ... now, wouldn't it be news if LeBron said "USA sucks?" instead of whatever cliched words of encouragement he posted instead?

3. Tweets are the 2011's official comments and press releases. Not saying I care or like it, just sayin'.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

The past couple of weeks have featured an explosion in Tweet-based commercials...Don't you want to buy a Ford cause some random chick tweeted on a commercial that she loves her Focus?

Ugh.

5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Depends. Is she hot?

6. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Oddly, I LIKE the tweet graphics....

7. Illino

Illino Member

So do I – in moderation.

8. Dave Kindred

Dave Kindred Member

Finding the best tweets is a good idea. My problem with Twitter is that I haven't figured out how to do that for myself. I thought it'd be good to follow my old friend, Buster Olney. But, really. I unfollowed after being suffocated in minutiae. I want Buster's big-picture analysis but not the in-game play-by-play.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

At this point though, can't we say that in any criticism of SportsCenter, the first fault is with the viewer who still watches the shit?

10. flexmaster33

flexmaster33 Well-Known Member

that is true, and I'll take that criticism :) I catch myself to often wondering why I stop the clicker there. Of course, it used to be must-see TV each night...now maybe I stop for 5 minutes every other night.

11. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

The best way to watch SportsCenter is on DVR. That way you can fast forward through the stuff that you either find stupid or is about a subject/sport you don't care about. I always skip through the long-winded introductions to the show and get right to the first story. I don't mind when they show tweets as long as they are compelling, but usually they aren't.

12. Mark McGwire

Mark McGwire Member

Starting this thread sent a tweet.

Draft saved Draft deleted