1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I don't care what anyone else says, CANADA DOES NOT SUCK

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chuck~Taylor, Jul 5, 2007.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

No coffee, but make it MacIntosh's Toffee and I'll find you some gourmet java...

2. Flash

Flash Guest

I can't even begin to remember how many drunk-capades I had at Myron's. Tradewinds doesn't exist anymore, apparently. They had the best Wednesday wing nights.

3. Flash

Flash Guest

If this only was a love connection ...

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

We'll always have sugar-based confectionery...

5. Flash

Flash Guest

You had me at coffee.

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I was in there once and it was one of the wildest nights I've ever spent in a bar anywhere. What's the name of the little pub next door? Great fish and chips in there.

7. Flash

Flash Guest

That was Tradewinds! Loved how Myrons was three levels. Plus I was dating one of the bouncers and I always got in free.

8. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

No more Myrons....it closed within the last year. As for Peaks Quay, sorry your experience there sucked.....I haven't been there in years, but I don't remember anyone being rude. In fact, I can't remember dealing with anyone on the Island (or the Maritimes) I'd consider rude, especially people in the service industry.

And yes, PEI is known for their spuds, Anne, mussels, unemployment and Japanese tourists.

9. Flash

Flash Guest

No more Myrons. :( Damn. Where are all the bodybuilders going to work now?

I'm still trying to figure out how the bouncers at Peaks Quay were supposed to discern a bald Islander from a bald Nova Scotian just by looking at him. I probably would have carded him, too.

'Cause you know ... all those bald guys look alike.

10. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

I have no idea why Myrons closed......I think it had something to do with defrauding the government of taxes.

And yes.....not sure why a bartender requesting an ID is rude or idiotic.

11. Flash

Flash Guest

Hahaha, that actually wouldn't surprise me ...

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Dark, dark day. I'm planning on heading down east for two weeks next summer. Scratch one thing off the itinerary.

Draft saved Draft deleted