1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I didn't realize he/she was in that

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by outofplace, Jul 26, 2012.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Jon Bernthal in "Date Night." The Punisher meets Liz Lemon!

2. blacktitleist

blacktitleist Member

watching a Law and Order marathon yesterday with the Mrs.

Namond was being defended by Brother Mouzzone (both from The Wire) in in episode that I think aired during the final season of L&O.

very next episode, Adam Driver (Kylo Ren) was a suspect in a case.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I caught part of Forget Paris on television today and I had completely forgotten that John Spencer was in that one as one of the referees Billy Crystal's character works with and Spencer's character is a bit of a misogynistic jackass. This was well before his days on The West Wing. The movie also features Julie Kavner, the voice of Marge Simpson.

I also saw a clip from the 2007 version of The Mist. Three of the people trapped in the grocery store were played by actors who later were part of the Season 1 cast of The Walking Dead. They were Melissa McBride, Laurie Holden and Jeffrey DeMunn (Carol, Andrea and Dale). The connection isn't hard to find. Frank Darabont wrote the screenplay and directed the movie and he was the show runner for the first season of The Walking Dead.

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

The marriage therapist both Marty and Wendy are bribing in "Ozark" was the crazy mom of Ferg's girlfriend on "Longmire."

5. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Just started "Band of Brothers." About halfway through. Amazing how many guys are in that and how young they are. I didn't know who Damian Lewis was until "Billions." I thought I saw Matthew Perry last night, but he didn't show up on a quick IMDB search. I guess it wasn't.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Kind of jealous you are seeing it for the first time. The Pacific has its moments as well - particularly the standout work of a then-unknown Rami Malek. Crazy how many Oscar winners got their first big breaks in Tom Hanks projects. Charlize Theron, Malek, among the others littered through BoB: Michael Fassbender, Tom Hardy, Simon Pegg, Jason O'Mara, Dominic Cooper, James McAvoy, and Andrew Scott. I actually interviewed Don Malarky once, he was attending a D-Day commemoration wandering through an exhibit at a local high school and I happened upon him. I asked him figuring he was a WWII vet (the hat kinda gave it away) - "where were you on D-Day?" (duh).

I'd also recommend From the Earth To The Moon.

7. micropolitan guy

It was probably Jimmy Fallon. He has a cameo as a jeep driver in the episode where they are being sent to Bastogne for the Battle of the Bulge.

8. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

No, actually, I saw that part last night and recognized Fallon. You kind of expected him to say something funny.
    There was another dufus in the regular troops who looked like a very young Matthew Perry. It probably wasn't. A lot of those guys you recognize but can't remember from what show. The guy who played Gonorhea had been on CSI-NY. The guy who can mimic voices was on Hawaii 5-0. Of course Wahlberg.

I have been watching these WWII movies a little more intently lately, since my Dad died. And shaking my head over some of the things I see. My Dad was supposed to be in the Normandy invasion, but his unit was stuck in England for three days because their supply ship was late. When I look around and see what guys like my Dad and people like him endured over there to be able to leave us a terrific life, it makes me wonder what we're leaving for our kids and their kids. This virus is definitely making me think.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I just watched the latest trailer for Wakanda Forever and noticed that Richard Schiff has a role in it. That reminded me of this thread, which began with me making West Wing references, so I had to bring it back.

10. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

My wife is rewatching the first season of friends, which I never saw. ( I probably didn’t see an entire episode until about 2001.) Steve Zahn has a bit part as Phoebe’s apparently gay husband, who has come back to New York to divorce her because he is now straight. It was only his fourth or fifth role according to imdb.

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Didn't realize Bob Odenkirk played Larry's agent on the Larry Sanders Show....or that Bruce Greenwood played the head of the network.

12. micropolitan guy

Watching "Ozark" again. In the third or fourth episode, the kid who shoots the preacher during the convenience store robbery is the guy who plays Rafe on Outer Banks.

Draft saved Draft deleted