1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I didn't realize he/she was in that

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by outofplace, Jul 26, 2012.

1. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I looked up Paul Dano, who plays the younger Brian Wilson in the new Beach Boys movie "Love and Mercy." A long time ago I met old-time character actor Royal Dano and I went to high school with his son, Rick Dano. Paul Dano is not related to them. But in his bio I noticed that he was in "The Girl Next Door" playing the nerd friend with the huge dong.

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Watched "McFarland USA" yesterday for the first time. Morgan Saylor (Homeland's Dana Brody) played Kevin Costner's elder daughter.

3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Milana Aleksandrovna Vayntrub, the AT & T commercial girl, has a small part in season 7 of Californication. She reads for a part on "Santa Monica Cop," in the episode where Heather Graham gets hired by Michael Imperioli.

4. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Got home last night, and some cheesy 80s flick is on. Starring in the movie is Jennifer Runyon of "Charles in Charge" fame.

[​IMG]

So I go to her IMDB page to see what else she's been in, and get confused, because Dazed and Confused and Swingers aren't listed. Well, turns out, her absolute doppelganger is a woman named Deena Martin, below. Mind blown.

[​IMG]

5. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Until a few years ago, I would have bet a significant amount of money (for me) that Julia Stiles was in Traffic . Nope.

[​IMG]

6. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Wayne's World is on. I never realized that Terry, Wayne and Garth's friend/cameraman who tells everyone he loves them, is Lee Tergesen from Oz, Homicide, The Americans and lots of other shows.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I never knew that guy's name.
    He is in everything.

8. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Speaking of 80s movies, I was watching "Lethal Weapon" the other day. Amanda Hunsaker, the "jumper" from the beginning of the movie, was played by Jackie Swanson, also known as Kelly Gains from "Cheers."

Also, in IMDBing to figure out her name, I didn't realize Damon Wayans was in the TV version of "Lethal Weapon." I didn't know there was a TV version of "Lethal Weapon."

9. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Accidentally watched a few minutes of that show on Saturday. It was on immediately after the Falcons-Seahawks game. When it went to commercial, my girlfriend said "Wow, that was a really long ad for that show." I explained to her that the channel jumped into the middle of the show since the game ran a bit long.

"Oh, well that show really sucks."

10. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Jake Gyllenhaal's film debut was at age 10, as Billy Crystal's kid in "City Slickers."

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Wilmer Valderrama has been signed to play Broo in the next Deadpool movie.

12. da man

da man Well-Known Member

This reads like some sort of code to me.

Draft saved Draft deleted