1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I didn't realize he/she was in that

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by outofplace, Jul 26, 2012.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Watching Band of Brothers, and the not-famous-then, but-famous-now cameos include Simon Pegg, James McAvoy...and, perhaps most oddly, Jimmy Fallon briefly as a commanding officer on the front lines during the Battle of the Bulge.

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I've seen Frequency a dozen times and missed that.

3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Didn't realize Simon Pegg was in there.

How about this one, from the music world: heard Steve Winwood's "Higher Love" on the radio today and for the first time in my hearing it was tagged as "featuring Chaka Kahn." Never knew that.

4. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Both Bryan Cranston and Dean Norris have bit parts in "Little Miss Sunshine."

5. Bronco77

Bronco77 Well-Known Member

Also from "Fast Times:" Eric Stoltz, Anthony Edwards.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The guy who co-created Empire, wrote screenplays for The Butler, Recount, Game Change, and The Hunger Games Mocking Jay also played a sadistic jail guard for a few episodes on Justified, the hapless copywriter who told a lame joke and got canned on Mad Men and was the "Screech-like" character on Saved By The Bell, The New Class.

7. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Does he have a name?

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Danny Strong.

9. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Benny hill in chitty chitty bang bang

10. Bronco77

A few people who actually admit to seeing the film have told me that one of David Hasselhoff's first roles was in a '70s teen sexploitation film, "Revenge of the Cheerleaders," and that Hasselhoff's role was as a character named "Boner." A look at the IMDB entry confirms that both the movie and Hasselhoff's role existed.

Also, here's a link to a pre-"Cheers" Shelley Long in a commercial for a Chicago-area furniture chain. I remember these quite well from the late '70s:

Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
  11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Amazing how many characters named "Boner" existed.

Wonder how the competition for that role was?

12. Bronco77

One more: Brad Pitt was in a few episodes of "Dallas" in 1987-88 as the boyfriend of Jenna Wade's teenage daughter.

Draft saved Draft deleted