1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I didn't realize he/she was in that

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by outofplace, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Watched "Point Break" last night for the 50,000th time and looked at a cast list on IMDB today to see if any of the surfers in Bodhi's gang ever want on to do other work.
    Never, ever realized until today that Tom Sizemore was in that movie, even though his one scene is one of my favorites in the movie. He's the pissed-off DEA agent who had three months -- THREE MONTHS! -- of undercover work ruined in a day when they raid the wrong house.

2. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Billy Idol, "The Wedding Singer."

Yeah, yeah. I know. But honestly, I thought it was an actor portraying Billy Idol. I had no idea it was the rebel yeller himself.

3. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

In 'Dave' you get Ving Rhames as the secret service agent and Laura Linney as the secretary the real President Mitchel was banging

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I remember Rhames clearly. That was the first thing I'd seen him in and I thought he was great in that movie. I had forgotten about Linney, though.

5. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

Watching the very forgettable Timothy Dalton-as-James Bond movie "Licence to Kill" and one of the villian's goons is a very young, very thin Benicio Del Toro

6. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Anyone mention this yet? Didn't show up in a search.

In the famous final episode of "Newhart," Larry, Darryl and Darryl
    have all married obnoxiously talkative and abrasive women from Long Island.
    One of them, Sada, is played by a then-unknown Lisa Kudrow.

[​IMG]

That's Kudrow in the black dress.

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Anne Dudek, who played Amber "Cutthroat Bitch" Vulakis and was Ted's krav maga exgirlfriend he gives a second chance to only to dump her--again--on her birthday, was also on friends. She plays the girlfriend of Phoebe's eventual husband Mike who gets dumped via Phoebe on--wait for it--on her birthday.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Paul F. Tomkins in 'There will Be Blood.'

9. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Saw "Kingsman" this weekend and was torn between whether it was fantastic or awful. Went to Rotten Tomatoes to see what the general ruling was and discovered that Mark Hamill played Professor Arnold.

I had no idea.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The reruns of "Maverick" shown on Encore's Western channel have several bit to medium parts played by then bit players who went on to become big stars. Strangest one of all was an episode where the character of Billy the Kid (played for laughs) was Joel Grey. Stacey Keach was a sheriff with like three lines in another one.

11. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Rudy was just on. Never realized that O'Hara — the guy who was a big recruit, got demoted to practice squad after a run-in with Rudy and went on to throw the TD pass so Rudy could get in the game — is Vince Vaughn.

According to IMDB, it was his film debut (as Vincent Vaughn).

12. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Michael Cera in "Frequency." He was the 10-year-old Gordo.

Draft saved Draft deleted