1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I didn't know Pallister drove a tractor-trailer...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by budcrew08, Apr 13, 2009.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Well shit not all of us can afford that you know?

2. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

I mean, i can spare 4 or 5 for a Fenway Frank, but chicken tenders and a beer.... it costs enough for a game at Fenway!

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Or for several months' worth, maybe. At $43K, it sounds like a whole truckload of institutional ketchup — either the large 1½-gallon dispenser pouches (a/k/a volume pack) or the little packets (a thousand to a box). The volume pack boxes run about $30 to $50 a case with 50 cases (each weighing about 30 pounds) to a pallet, so that'd be easily more than 20 pallets of ketchup, with the expiration date hitting after the season.

4. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Ha! Last time I went to Fenway, I had a guy sitting next to me that was so plastered that he was just feeding me beers. I didn't know the guy and he'd get up to go to grab a beer and look at me and go, "Hey, you want a beer?"

Really couldn't decline the offer. I'm sure he would have when he looked at his wallet the next day.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

Ketchup on hot dogs is disgusting.

6. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

I guess that would make sense..

7. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

fail.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

You've never been to Talladega — those people will go to the concession stands and get a plate of ketchup. Nothing else, just ketchup. :-\

When you ask them about it, they'll give you an astonished look and ask, "You don't know about ketchup?"

9. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Fail.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. spnited

spnited Active Member

As if I needed a reason to never go to Talladega ...

11. 2muchcoffeeman

Looks like a typical Friday afternoon at the start of race weekend in Degaville.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

It's actually more like "Yew don' kno 'bout (incredulous) KETCH-up?"

Draft saved Draft deleted