1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"I Did Not Have Sex with That Man - Brian McNamee"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Dec 24, 2007.

1. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Clemens' lawyer is saying he will also answer questions from "a panel of journalists" after the 60 Minutes report airs, although details are still not completed.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Did Clemens wag his finger at us, Bubba and Raffy style? I haven't seen that yet. Clemens must be telling the truth, then.

EDIT: Blue font added.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Tom Verducci has no idea why his phone is ringing off the hook.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

If God has a sense of irony Tom Verducci will be part of that panel along with Suzyn Waldman.

5. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Rawgeh Clemens put whaaat in his bawx?

Poor Suzyn. All these years working spring training and Mons Penis in Tampa still won't hire her.

6. Boom_70

Suzyn was more of a canidate for that godforsaken place across from the Hyatt.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

OH MY GOD ROGER CLEMENS IS ON THE DAIS RIGHT NOW AND HE IS GETTING READY TO ANSWER QUESTIONS ABOUT THE STEROID ACCUSATIONS. OH MY GOD OF ALL THE AMAZING THINGS I HAVE EVER SEEN ROGER CLEMENS IS SITTING ON THE DAIS RIGHT NOW!!!!

8. Boom_70

Oh my Gawd My first time on the pole and Roger Clemens is in the front row

9. EE94

EE94 Guest

Doesn't anyone else find it curious that Clemens' denials only came out after the Grimsley deposition was released.
    It had previously been reported Grimsley had named him, but Clemens said nothing in the intervening months.
    It is only AFTER it was revealed Grimsley in fact DID NOT name Clemens - and Clemens wouldn't have known for sure what was in the deposition - that he has gone on the offensive.
    There is no evidence that Clemens took steroids other than the testimony of McNamee - whose credibility is suspect to say the least - so Clemens is able to forcefully deny and put his credibility against McNamees.
    Doesn't mean Roger didn't take 'em, because I think he did, but it means he, like Carl Lewis, can pretend he was clean.

Draft saved Draft deleted