1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I despise the NFL ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Clever username, Aug 30, 2006.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Poin ... the college team I cover went from wearing uniforms that would make the Birmingham Fire of the WLAF blush to a more conservative, old-school Penn State type of uni for this season.

Man, they looked really sharp. Very classy.

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Touchdown/extra point.

4 minutes of commercials/network promos.

Kickoff.

4 minutes of commercials/network promos.

I can't fucking stand it. And the only thing worse is sitting in the stands listening to 8 minutes of "WHO LET THE DOGS OUT?!!?" while all that non-action is going on.

I'll take Roger Federer & Co. this weekend and next, baseball pennant races the two weekends after that, baseball playoffs the three weeks after that.

Then I'll take a little trip up to Neyland Stadium to watch LSU-Tennessee on Nov. 4. I'll probably spend the day after bitching about how my once-dominant team sucks.

At that point, everybody in pro football will be 3-5 or 4-4 or 5-3 and I will start watching a little NFL.

3. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Well, the NFL, for as much as you hate it, isn't losing your viewership to tiddlywinks till November

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I have more problem with those folks who shake their heads and cluck their tongues because some people would rather watch the NFL on their couch on a Sunday than "be outside on a gorgeous day."

Frankly, I think "being outside on a gorgeous day" is grossly over-rated. Give me a good high-def TV and a football game and snacks and drinks any damn time.

(Of course, I'll be real sorry when global warming takes hold and all we have to look at outside is brown, charred earth. ::))

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The commercials give you more time to drink. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted