1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I despise the NFL ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Clever username, Aug 30, 2006.

1. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Fi
    Fill me in on the other two.

2. pallister

pallister Guest

You certainly have a way with words, Dye.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

It likely means you're a solid all-around guy with clever, thoughtful opinions.

I, for one, would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Or possibly read your blog.

4. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

The San Fran Chron grand jury stuff. A couple times there. No big deal, I just think it's amusing.

5. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Zeke, you chistoso. (Internet slap on the back, causing Zeke to spit out a fruit roll-up) You're just mad because of those Twins.

6. pallister

pallister Guest

After 1 p.m. Eastern, that is simply not true.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Chiefs ... Colts ... Bengals ... not exactly teams that settle for field goals. Try watching them. Try watching Eli vs. Peyton in Week 1.

8. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

I can't stand watching the Colts, no matter how explosive their offense can be. Watching Peyton at the line is like watching the guy with the orange flashlights waving planes around the tarmac. Just snap the ball, let your linemen hit somebody in the mouth and lob it up for Marvin Harrison. That's all I ask.

9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I order you to watch the Bills.

10. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

It's that not that I despite the NFL ... it's just that I can't get excited about any of it.

Maybe it's the impartiality towards sports I do cover on a regular basis rubbing off, maybe it's growing up, but sitting around and watching football all day on Sunday after covering it Friday and Saturday seems like a waste of energy.

11. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

The only thing I hate about the NFL is the officials. I wouldn't mind seeing some of them stoned in a pit filled with tigers who haven't eaten in a few days.

12. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I hear the page designers suit up as NFL officials on Sundays for some spare cash.

Draft saved Draft deleted