1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I defy any man not to stare. ... and assorted other NYC subway musings

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by The Big Ragu, Jun 28, 2009.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

As long as you're playing word police....champing.

2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Someone charmions at the bit.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

5. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

My best subway story (since this is the direction this appears to be heading in) was when a buddy and I were in Chicago the summer after high school graduation and, though there's enough room to be comfortable, he and I decided to stand rather than sit.

He ended up standing in front of some guy wearing a trenchcoat and I was behind the guy. The trenchcoat guy started going on and on about how this was going to be the last day for all of us sinners, how we'd be doomed to a life of hell and how the good in the world was about to be revealed. He reached into his trenchcoat, and my buddy and I made eye contact, waiting for some type of firearm.

When he pulled his hand out, thankfully, he had grabbed a Bible. But with the way this guy was going on and on, making it seem like he was about to send us all to oblivion, it gave a lot of people the chills. Quite a scare, especially being so young.

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

No hyphen. Motorboat is one word.

7. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"What about that side boob? You like that side boob? Well, you shouldn't...'cuz it's MY SIDE BOOB!"

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Great pull.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

This is so worth the trouble it's gonna get me into...oh wait, it's ragu's board, screw you Ragu you can't nuke this, it's relevant to the conversation!!! :D

NSFW NSFW NSFW

http://akstatic3.metacafe.com/thumb/165290/1042807/4/flash_player/1/1/catholic_high_school_girls_in_trouble.jpg

EDIT: It was so hard to make it a link?

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It would've been funnier if it wasn't a link. :)

11. Drip

Drip Active Member

Ragu, I must have been on the car behind you. Guy gets on with no shirt on and nipple rings. That was cute but he had a chain running through each nipple and the chain ran into his shorts pocket. I hoped he wouldn't piss anyone off because one yank and he was done.

12. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Great Odin's Ghost...

Was that a reference to Kentucky Fried Movie?

Draft saved Draft deleted