1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I defy any man not to stare. ... and assorted other NYC subway musings

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by The Big Ragu, Jun 28, 2009.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

The gay pride parade was in NYC today, so there were a lot of people out wearing things telling the world that they are gay or lesbian. You saw it all over the city today.

I just got on the subway to come home after a long day and there was a woman standing smack dab in front of me. She had fairly large breasts. I am normally not the type of guy who ogles women's breasts, especially when I am tired, like I am, because my head is typically a thousand miles away when I am on the subway. But this woman was wearing a really tight T-shirt accentuating her breasts. ...and across her breasts there were three lines of writing:

I am queer
    So go [/spread out so each word was smack dab in the middle of each breast]
    FUCK YOURSELF

Now, I defy any man not to stare at that. I couldn't help myself. Each time I looked away and tried to concentrate on something else, it felt forced, so my head naturally swiveled back and slightly down to look at the shirt.

So naturally, this woman--who apparently lost the memo that "gay" and "angry" are antonyms--catches me looking down at her T-shirt and says (with a bit of a snarl), "What the fuck are you looking at?"

I didn't really think about it, but it was obvious she was trying to intimidate me or make me sputter, and I didn't. I calmly said, "Your tits." So she gets really agitated and yells (really loud), "Don't fucking look at my tits." Now people are looking. But I stay calm and say, "If you don't want me to look, why did you put a billboard across them?" Two of the people standing near us are watching all of of this and laughing. And she throws a little body fit and manages to squeeze through some people and get away from me, even though it was a really crowded subway car.

Fine by me. But when she walks away, I notice that behind the space where she had been standing, there is this Jameson's ad I have seen a zillion times on the subway. The ad has a glass of whiskey with ice cubes shaped like an erect penis (it's ridiculously blantant) sticking out of the glass. Just perfect. Well, not all that perfect. Isn't it kind of savage to drink Jameson's with ice in it, and if you are going to put ice in perfectly good whiskey, do you really want to arrange the ice cubes so they look like a penis?

By then, I should have known this wasn't going to be any ordinary trip home. The subway was crowded because it had taken forever for a train to come through and a crowd of passengers built up. After all of that, I finally get near my stop. The subway pulls into my stop. ...and the doors don't open. The dipshit conductor says, "stand clear of the closing doors," (the doors had never opened) and the train pulls out of the station while people are waiting to get off, and yelling "What the hell?!?!"

So I had to get off the train at the next station, switch platforms and wait for the same train going in the other direction.

Did I mention that the subway fare went from $2 to $2.25 today?

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Nice.

Sorry you had a rough day.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

This thread is worthless without pics.

4. The Big Ragu

[​IMG]

A little hard to make out from this, but here is the Jameson's ad that was behind her.

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm not seeing the penis.

6. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

That's what she said.

7. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Yeah, she didn't want you to look in that area. Not at all. Not for any length of time. Not to give her an excuse to snap at you. No, sir. She didn't want you looking, and she certainly wasn't looking for a confrontation with society. No way. You weren't supposed to look.

She nearly wore a shirt that said

DO NOT LOOK AT THIS!!!

but it was the wrong day in the laundry rotation.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Were they at least worth the look, size notwithstanding?

9. The Big Ragu

I plead the fifth. My girlfriend, whose place I was coming back from, knows about this message board and who I am on here.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

God, I wish this had shown up on overheardinnewyork.com.

Militant lesbo: What are YOU looking at?
    Italian guy carrying a stuffed cat: Your tits.

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Heh, heh, yeah, yeah!

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

image link fail, pern. :(

Draft saved Draft deleted