1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I Could Come to Like Scott Brown

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Oct 6, 2011.

1. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

I thought Brown's attempt to pimp out his daughter during his victory speech was much more offensive than his snappy comeback about getting nekkid.
    I'm not sold on how effective a candidate Warren will be, but the facts that she is from a flyover state and taught Sunday school should effectively inoculate her against any attack on her as an Ivy League Northeastern liberal.
    Brown is in a very tough position. I think he's been reasonably effective trying to stay moderate, but the kind of pandering he'll need to please his fundraisers and the FNCs of the world is not going to help him with the Mass. electorate.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Oh, c'mon... The crack about his daughter was harmless. At worst he was an overly eager father... Good lord people... GO GET A SENSE OF HUMOR!!!

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Weren't you the one who said Warren was a "bitter hag" for making a crack about the Cosmo spread?

4. Mizzougrad96

I thought she came across badly for bringing up something that happened a long, long time ago...

I didn't hear the interview. She could have been joking... If she was, good for her. I should not have called her a bitter hag. I apologize.

But being offended for saying his daughters were "beautiful and available..." I mean, c'mon... He's a proud father. I'm guess his daughters were less than thrilled, but how often do parents say something that mortifies their kids? Give me a break...

5. LongTimeListener

I don't dispute you on that. I also am hoping he tries to rally momentum and seize the issue by having his daughters pose as he did.

Someone asked a few pages ago what Warren's reaction was, or if she had any. As far as I can tell, she has had none, which is to her credit.

6. Mizzougrad96

I've been told both sides of this argument were joking or at least having fun with it...

Is that spin? Could be...

7. Mizzougrad96

For the record, I think Warren will win.

While I don't have anything against Brown, I think it took a perfect storm of sorts for him to get elected.

8. LongTimeListener

It doesn't strike me that either side took it all that seriously, although I do think Brown wants the whole Cosmo thing to go away because it makes him look a mimbo in what's becoming a serious debate.

FWIW Warren's initial comment was in response to the moderator asking candidates how they paid for college. The moderator noted that Brown did it by posing nude. Warren began her answer with, "I kept my clothes on." Really wasn't a zinger she plotted in advance as much as it was following along in the discussion.

Draft saved Draft deleted