1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I Could Come to Like Scott Brown

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Wasn't Bill Clinton referred to as bubba? I could be thinking of another president from 1992-2000.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I always thought the media did a pretty good job respecting Chelsea's privacy and didn't photograph her unless she was with her parents at a public event. Granted, there was also the Chris Farley as Chelsea on SNL (which never re-ran) and I don't think you can even find it out there on the web.

I'd love it if someone proves me wrong, but I've looked before and can't find it anywhere.

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

That's not the parallel.

The parallel would be if Chris Christie's opponent in a specific election cracked a fat joke.

4. Mizzougrad96

I don't think Bill Clinton minded being called Bubba. People made fun of him for being fat and he wasn't fat... He just wasn't skinny.

5. Mizzougrad96

So, the 2010 NJ gubernatorial race...

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Exactly. If his opponent cracked a fat joke during a debate; or on a radio follow-up show, that's the parallel.

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

This thread ain't getting locked. We'll ban ya'll one by one before we do that.

And we'll laugh about it like frat boys on the porch holding up cards with numbers them (the way Olympic judges do) as the girls walk by to class.

8. Mizzougrad96

I remember one clip from one of Christie's debates where his opponent said something and Christie came back at him with, "Are you trying to tell me that I'm fat?"

It was actually pretty funny.

This one is pretty funny too... I don't think it's nearly as mean-spirited as some are making it out to be...

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Great analogy considering the thread.

10. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

I am reminded by a friend that the Bubba thing was more due to him being southern that his weight. I think it was a combination of both. He wasn't fat, you are right about that, shit, I would like to weigh whatever he did when he was in office.

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Fraternity where I went to school did that.

I used to get consistent 2.3s. I don't think they realized I was just an ugly guy.

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I'd be interested to see a Corzine/Christie clip. In the meantime, I'm pretty sure there's no outrage here, either.

Draft saved Draft deleted