1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I Could Come to Like Scott Brown

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Oct 6, 2011.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Scott Brown sounds like an excellent candidate for the 2013-14 season of Dancing With The Stars.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

The pork chop joke? MY mom came up with it.

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

She will win this thing in a sweep, which is why Brown and the GOP will keep up the "ugly" lines until election time. When Republicans insecure men are intimidated by an intelligent woman, they invariably reach for not-so-thinly veiled personal insults. Hillary Clinton and Michele Obama, for example, often get similar treatment. In this case, it speaks volumes about Brown's lack of character.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

She sounds like a female Jesus.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

We're talking about a political group that yuk-yukked its way for eight years about a teenage girl because they didn't like her dad being president. This plays very well to The Base.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Ovierated

There is your hockey banner.

Now get back to the politics.

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Again, you don't need to have a political point of view here, or a "PC" view - whatever that is - to realize that this is just ungentlemanly.

That it was said in a separate forum after the fact means it was exactly what Brown intended to say.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I don't have facts to back this up*, but I don't thing too many people were offended by all the, "Chris Christie is fat," jokes.

I'm not saying looks should be a factor in political races, but if women want to mix it up, they can't complain when they're treated just the same as men.

And, too her credit, it seems like people are getting offended on her behalf. Is she offended?

She sent a "zinger" his way. He sent one back. Big deal. It's a joke. Besides, while she's not a super model, she's not ugly.

* http://opinion.latimes.com/opinionla/2011/10/herman-cain-the-gops-flavor-of-the-month-sours-early.html

9. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Fat jokes are fine. Because fat people are supposed to be ashamed of every aspect of their lives.

Total bullshit of course, but lots of people feel this way.

10. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Are you referring to Chelsea Clinton?

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Or Jimmy Carter's daughter?

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Fat Republican - Fair game. Plain-looking democrat - How dare you!!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted