1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I Could Come to Like Scott Brown

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

This except for the dig at Herman Cain.

Nine. Nine. Nine. :D

2. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Scott Brown is a douchebag of the highest order.

Warren should mop up the floor with this dude.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Warren/Brown's going to be an epic race.

The guy has Wall Street contributors out the wazoo (more than most). . . and there's a good deal of Wall Street money out there "influencing" (trying not to laugh) legislators, these days.

She's looking to tame the most extreme of the animals.

It's going to be a laugh and a half.

4. Mizzougrad96

Ah, hyperbole... Gotta love it...

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I think he's starting to realize she is doing just that and he is flailing about for a way to stem the tide. They're in a dead heat already and that is with something like 30 percent of voters not even knowing who she is. I imagine she will dismiss this and play to her many strengths, which in this contest is basically anything under the sun with the sole exception of how they look to the other sex while naked.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Jesus lord mother of cripes. NO, I wouldn't REALLY vote for the guy just because of the quip. I was being facetious. Exaggerating for effect is maybe I better way of saying it. I just thought it was funny, not-PC and all that. I have no idea if the woman is old, young, fat, skinny, ugly as sin or hot as blazes. Or stupid or brilliant. I just like the guy coming out with it without regard for the fury it might unleash (such as being unleashed here).

I'll go crawl in a hole now and reproof our hockey section (which isn't funny or un-PC but IS really good if any of you are in this area)

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

He's not stupid. He's looking to kowtow towards where the real money is.

But I know multiple people who NEVER send money to ANY politician, EVER, sending money to Warren.

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Then I can joke all I want. I can make fat, ugly, bald AND Jewish jokes. And old jokes.

9. Mizzougrad96

Is reproof your hockey section a euphemism for sneaking off to the bathroom with the Scott Brown Cosmo? :D

10. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

I think Brown is scared of strong, smart women.

Remember he was saying Rachel Maddow was gonna run even though she said every night, for probably a week and a half, she has no intention of running for office.

He isn't the only person, politician or otherwise, who is scared of smart women.

11. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

http://slog.thestranger.com/slog/archives/2011/10/06/thankgodgate-im-torn

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Like Krugman with Fredo, Maddow has Brown's number. And operators of that ilk just can't stand that, a little bit.

Draft saved Draft deleted