1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I Could Come to Like Scott Brown

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

and this is NOT a politics thread.
    This is the top to a short story we're posting:

It didn't take long for Sen. Scott Brown's naked centerfold in Cosmopolitan magazine to come up in his bid for reelection.
    Democratic frontrunner Elizabeth Warren took a shot at Mr. Brown this week, responding, “I kept my clothes on” when asked at a primary debate how she paid for college.
    “Thank God,” Mr. Brown said, when asked for a response on the Boston radio station WZLX.

I love that response, love it. I don't know hoochy about this guy, his politics or his opponent. And I don't care. I'd vote for him right now.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

That's a pretty good response, but he loses many points for taking days to come up with it. He probably thought of it driving home from the debate -- "yeah, that's what I should have said!" Most of us have no choice but to bury it at that point, but he went on.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Wait til someone says that's how Sarah Palin should have paid for college.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I've got a fifty that she can put away for retirement.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It's such a stupid thing to attack Brown about. It's old news and she just comes across like a bitter hag.

6. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Here, here.

7. LongTimeListener

She did nothing that even resembled attacking him. She used it in equally humorous context in the debate. One good shot deserves another, but neither one was out of bounds.

Also, at the risk of turning this political, she is coming off as anything but a "bitter old hag" in this election.

8. "Jerk Store!"

9. vicd

vicd Active Member

Scott should have a long career on the Q-Morning Zoo after he loses the election.

10. [​IMG]

This is Elizabeth Warren going for the sexy look.

As Austin Powers would say, "She's a man baby!"

Or as Seinfeld might respond, "She's got serious man-hands!"

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

It's a good thing she didn't waste any money on make up or a professional photographer.

12. LongTimeListener

Yeah, but picture her in a leather corset with a whip, and Lloyd Blankefein and Jamie Dimon with ball gags in their mouths that won't even let them beg for mercy. That's hot.

Draft saved Draft deleted