1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I can't wait to hear what OOP has to say about this!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Apr 23, 2018.

1. WCIBN

WCIBN Active Member

You're not the only one. I get the dreaded "Loading tweet" on all embedded tweets here on both Firefox and Chrome browsers. Only when I switch to Microsoft Edge are those tweets visible. This "Loading tweet" problem for me only happens on SJ.com. Haven't found a cure yet but I'm guessing having AdBlockPlus activated on both Firefox & Chrome might have something to do with the problem. I don't use an AdBlocker on Microsoft Edge but then not only are those embedded tweets visible but all those underwear and RWW political ads on this site are too.

2. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

3. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I’ll put you down as ducking.

YankeeFan likes this.
  4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

He isn't ducking, he is busy gift shopping.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Mere moments later, Taillon showed Gavin Williams the error of his ways. Mere moments after that Tweet, Taillon gave up five earned runs on four hits and two walks before getting knocked out of the game with two outs in the second inning.

Pittsburgh Pirates at Philadelphia Phillies Box Score, April 19, 2018 | Baseball-Reference.com

It's tough to look foolish with the benefit of hindsight, but you managed it on this one. Thank you for the laugh at your expense.

7. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

8. outofplace

I certainly wouldn't be posting from there like YF did, right up until he wanted to use it as an excuse to duck questions he didn't like.

9. outofplace

Does it have to be accurate to be outing? If so, it would only be outing if I started posting about stoney and sheep.

(Yeah, I know that was in poor taste. So was his post.)

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I found a California king snake in my yard last weekend, about 4- to 5-feet long.
    Sucker was lucky I didn't run over him with the John Deere.

Draft saved Draft deleted