1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I can't see the game.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by buckweaver, Nov 18, 2006.

1. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

ESPN/ABC seems to be insistent on using some gawd-awful camera angles for the USC-Cal game. The problem? I can't see a fucking thing! The camera actions are soooo farrrrr awaaaay from the players -- especially on kickoff returns. An 'SC player slashed in to force a fumble earlier in the second quarter, and all the camera showed was a blur of a hit, and then another blur as they tried to pan back to the scrum for the ball.

It's like they're using some classic broadcast view on a Madden game, from some weird angle and away from the action. This is terrible, terrible production. Am I the only one pissed off by this telecast?

(And notice I didn't even start ranting about Paul Maguire. The camera frustration somehow supercedes the announcer frustration.)

2. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Ohio St.-Michigan was also of questionable quality. I was watching in HD and if a ball was thrown to the sideline nearest to the camera, they simply missed it.

3. Smokey33

Smokey33 Member

I don't know if this is the case in your games, but it seems like HD screws up the game for the non-HD viewers like myself.

It looks like on those Fox Sports College FB games that they're using the same camera with the edges of the picture cut off for non-HD viewers. This seems to cause the cameramen to zoom in way too much. When a guy is running with the ball, you can't tell if any defenders are lurking 2 yards away.

4. Leo Mazzone

Leo Mazzone Member

Slight thread jack...was watching USC-Cal in a wings joint with an HD and a regular TV showing the same game side by side. The difference was phenomenal.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I experienced the same thing today. If only I had the money ...

Draft saved Draft deleted