1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I can't find the G-Spot

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TheSportsPredictor, Nov 16, 2006.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

In my library, the Triple Crown Publication books are very popular. Triple Crown is the self-proclaimed leader of the urban fiction renaissance. Some of their titles are Whore ("Whoever said whoring wasn’t easy, never lied! But somebody had to do it!"), Bitch, In Cahootz (Three years after orchestrating the demise of her baby’s daddy and his crew, Tukey Tosh resurfaces with the opening of No Draws – a club that sells everything from sex to Ex), and my person favorite, G-Spot: An Urban Erotic Tale.

They are very popular with black women -- especially high school kids -- kinda of like the Harlequin Romances of the streets. These books are almost never on our shelves. Quite often they are stolen.

Or apparently hidden in the library. A HS freshman asked for the book G-Spot yesterday. We were supposed to have a copy on our shelves. So I took her back to look for the G-Spot. But I couldn't find it. G-Spot was not where it was supposed to be.

"This girl said she hid it," said the freshman.

"Well that wasn't very nice," I said. "Who said that?"

She told me who it was, someone I didn't know.

"She said she hid it in the magazine shelves," the girl told me.

So now I'm looking all over the library for the G-Spot. We have about a hundred different sections of magazine shelves. I'm lifting up shelves, sliding magazines around, pushing things out of the way. But no G-Spot. Can't find it anywhere. I now have to tell a high school freshman that I cannot find G-Spot for her.

2. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

I'm glad BYH isn't the only one. :)

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If you fumbled around more than a minute, you did more than most --- umm, librarians -- would do.

4. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I don't think the issue with him was locating it. I always thought it was sticking around long enough to say hello.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I found it!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G-spot

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

A high school girl asked an adult to help find a book called G-Spot? Did she blush or does she not know what that term means?

7. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Was that supposed to be humor?

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Listen, fuckers, theft of books in libraries is a very serious issue and I will not stand for you bastards besmirching my good sex name eight seconds longer.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

No one is besmirching your good name -- you don't have a good name.

So rest easy.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Outing alert: BYH is...

[​IMG]

11. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Hmmmmm. No comment.

12. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Launch a probe.

Draft saved Draft deleted