1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I can't figure her out for the life of me: UPDATED

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Owl-flavored, Sep 10, 2008.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Re: I can't figure her out for the life of me.

I believe she has shown that she is not interested in the long term thing with you and you need to be honest with yourself about that.

If you want to continue to try to get her to be your GF, then do it, but at least do it knowing how she's acted towards you before.

As for "playing her", you can but I think the best approach is to treat her like you are with the others, merely a "physical fix-up" and give her no other elevated status until she earns it.

Enjoy.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

And if you seemingly have action whenever you want it anyway, why do you care about getting something going with this woman? Is it just because she's a challenge?

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Must be a Tom Cruise-Renee Zellwegger kinda thing

4. Owl-flavored

Owl-flavored New Member

That said, how do I hang out with her and not let her believe she has the upper hand? Trick question, I know.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Stop hanging out with her for a month. Don't return texts, don't initiate texts. Just go about your business. If she wants you, she'll make it be known.

6. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Trent: I don't want you to be the guy in the PG-13 movie everyone's *really* hoping makes it happen. I want you to be like the guy in the rated R movie, you know, the guy you're not sure whether or not you like yet. You're not sure where he's coming from. Okay? You're a bad man. You're a bad man. You're a bad man, bad man.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

You hang out with her like you would your male friends. If one of your fuckbuddies calls, answer the phone. Invite her over to watch sports with a group, drink beer. Do not do romantic dinners, do not do anything one-on-one. She wants to be friends? Be friends.

8. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Exactly. Be friends, but not friendly.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I don't think that's good, IJAG. Because he'll just have puppy-dog eyes for her, and she'll know it, and within minutes she'll be having him fetch.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Without the chance to bury bone.

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

That's where he has to prove she doesn't have the upper hand. If he has the puppy-dog eyes, belie it with actions. Treat her no differently than anyone else. Don't fetch her beer. Don't pay for her food. Don't stare at her longingly. It's hard, but you can do it. I've done it.

12. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

And yet Ichiro still hasn't made a move on you.

Draft saved Draft deleted