1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I can't drive 55 ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HejiraHenry, May 23, 2012.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

But I turned 55 today, which puzzles me to no end. Where does the time go?

My dad (smoker since WII) died at 57 but my mom is still alive and kicking (rarely, I'll admit) at 95.

I guess I'll just aim to keep it in the middle of the fairway, see how it plays out.
  2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Happy birthday. Have a Goo-Goo bar to celebrate.
  3. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Happy birthday! I hit 52 a week or so ago and I'm going to share with you the words that always comfort me .... "JR is muuuuuuuuch older than I am". :D
  4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Have a Sapporo tonight on me. You know, in honor of the 2008 Summer Olympics and all. :)
  5. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

On the upside, there are all sorts of wonderful apartment and condo communities that are now open to you, ones where you'll be the youngest by 20 years.
  6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Happy birthday, man. Next time you're up this way, gimme a shout, and we'll grab a few beers.
  7. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Happy birthday! (You, too, HC.)
  8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

55? I turned 56 a whole 12 days ago, sonny. You fucking kids. Now fetch me a beer and get the hell off my lawn.

I've outlived my parents by many years. The clock is ticking, loud and fast. If I make 60, it will be a miracle (and one hell of a party).
Draft saved Draft deleted